At some time in our life, we all need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves who we really are, then evaluate what we would like to change to feel better about ourselves. This evaluation can be painful, but in the end we will feel a new beginning, if we are honest with ourselves. To help this self-evaluation, we are providing the following quotes to read and reflect as part of your new direction.
- “Stay true to who you are.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “It doesn’t matter how long you’ve waited, there’s always time to make a change and strive for more.
It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ― George Eliot
- “Don’t get stuck worrying about what you’ve missed out on, instead, open up your eyes for the new opportunities right in front of you.
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
- “Don’t get overwhelmed by your goal if it seems to big. Focus on that one small step you can take first.
The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius
- “You can’t chose what life throws at you, but you can chose how you respond.
I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” ― Maya Angelou
- “You talents and abilities will improve over time, but you’ve got to start somewhere.
If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “It’s okay to be afraid of failing, you just can’t let it stop you from trying.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
- “Be motivated by your desire to prove the naysayers and cynics wrong.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “Success isn’t about not failing, it’s about bouncing back after you fail.
I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.” – George S. Patton
- “You have to understand that you can’t have success without first experiencing failure.
I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Your most important education, isn’t happening inside of a classroom.
Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “You’re bound to hit rough patches in life, but if you don’t keep pushing forward, you’ll get stuck in the rough patch far longer than you need to.
If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “It doesn’t really matter what other people think you should be doing with your life. All that matters is that YOU know what you’re doing with your life.
I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Success doesn’t just fall in your lap. You have to get up, do the work, and go find it.
Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
- “Sometimes you have to do something you hate, in order to achieve something you love.
You’re not going to enjoy every minute of the journey, but the success you’ll find at the end will make it all worth it.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
- “What good is being a success at something you don’t care about?
It’s better to be happy doing something you love, even if you don’t find success right away.
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
- “You can recover from a failure, but it’s hard to forgive yourself for never trying in the first place.
Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” – George Edward Woodberry
- “Everyone starts out as an amateur, but it’s only those who keep trying that become true successes.
Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” – Christopher Morley
- “Just because you failed at accomplishing something, doesn’t mean you’re a failure as a person.
Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” – Zig Ziglar
- “If you’re not failing at anything, chances are you’re not succeeding at much either. The two go hand in hand.
If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” – Woody Allen
- “Sometime you have to take a leap of faith to find success.
You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” – Flip Wilson
- “The more you try, the better you get. So instead of worrying, just get started and you’ll eventually figure things out.
The more we do, the more we can do.” – William Hazlitt
- “If you wait for the perfect timing, you’ll end up waiting forever. It’s better just take what you’ve got, and get started.
Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
- “If you want to be a resilient, tough, and irrepressible person, you’ve got to try, fail, and try some more.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “You’re more than capable of finding success, but it will only happen after you put in the work.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Don’t give up, because you’re probably much closer to success than you realize.
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Your potential and ability to succeed is not confined by your current situation. You’re more than your current circumstances.
The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
- “Success doesn’t always involve hitting a home run. Most of the time, is just about showing up, every single day.
Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “Experience, knowledge, and skill don’t always go hand in hand with success. Sometimes your lack of experience is your best asset.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.” – Anonymous
- “If you let your fear of failure stop you from trying, you’ll miss out on far more than had you just failed in the first place.
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard